5. Elliot Humphrey, University of Aberdeen. Understanding the effects of structural diagenesis on controlling fluid flow in carbonates. 2017-2022. Funded by the NERC CDT in Oil&Gas and Equinor. PhD supervisors: Enrique Gomez-Rivas, Joyce Neilson, Juan Diego Martín-Martín and Dave Healy.
4. Johanna Heeb, Curtin University and University of Aberdeen. Listening through rock salt: Quantifying petrofabrics and seismic velocity anisotropy of evaporites to improve seismic imaging. 2017-2022. Funded by Curtin-Aberdeen Alliance. PhD supervisors: Nick Timms, Dave Healy, Enrique Gomez-Rivas and Chris Elders. [link]
3. Guillem Piris, Autonomous University of Barcelona. Evaluation of reservoir potential and induced seismicity of deep geothermal systems. 2015-2022. Funded by the Institut Cartogràfic i Geològic de Catalunya (ICGC) and AGAUR (Catalan government) through an industrial doctorate. PhD supervisors: Albert Griera and Enrique Gomez-Rivas. [link]
2. Xiaolong Sun, University of Barcelona. Carbon capture and storage in compressional basins: global to reservoir-scale assessments and integrated case study of the Puig-reig anticline (SE Pyrenees). 2018-2021. Funded by the China Scholarship Council and the University of Barcelona. PhD supervisors: Enrique Gomez-Rivas and Juan Alcalde. [link].
1. Shuqing Yao, University of Aberdeen. Static modelling of a shallow-marine carbonate reservoir analogue: prediction of facies distribution, sequence stratigraphy and fault-associated dolostone geometry. 2015-2019. Funded by the China Scholarship Council and the University of Aberdeen through an Elphinstone PhD scholarship. PhD supervisors: Enrique Gomez-Rivas, John Howell and Juan Diego Martín-Martín. [link]